Thursday, April 28, 2011

momentous occasions... just for the halibut


Alright not much going on here.  Not really a big deal.  I cut up my first whole halibut.  Hooray right(sarcasm is to be noted).  Well I have cut up tons of different fish(not an expert), but somehow never a whole 60lb halibut(hence the nostalgic looking photo).

Seriously though even these tiny seemingly insignificant milestones are worth noting.  Every moment of our lives contributes to the next, big or small.  There was always a first time for everything.  I don't think it's such a bad thing to record a few of these moments in our brains.  These are the momentous occasions I love.  Especially such a zen like artful task of cleaning fish or even making pasta.   These are the everyday tasks that make us what we are in the kitchen.  That make us feel like we do.  That make us yearn to do what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment