Thursday, April 21, 2011

i'll trade you my ken griffey jr. rookie card for your teenage mutant ninja turtles lunch box!

I love cookbooks.  It's like collecting baseball cards of your favorite players.  The difference being of course I can recreate all kinds of amazing dishes.  I can flip through all the amazing photographs.  Learn new ideas and techniques I've never seen before.  It's like looking into the chef's diary or notebook of recipes.  I can only hope one day to have my own cookbook to express myself in yet another way to the public.


And when I find out about new cookbooks to be released, I get really excited.  More specifically I speak now of Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook by Christina Tosi(milk bar pastry genius).  It comes out this fall on October 25th.  I preordered mine already!


Another highly anticipated cookbook comes from one of the most acclaimed and widely recognized modern restaurants, Eleven Madison Park of New York City.  I was (and am) so freaking pumped when I heard about this one.  I don't think I can wait until November 1st.


Jennifer McLagan, author of two of my favorites, Fat and Bones, has done it again.  I will definitely pick this one up following the trend of nose to tail eating.  Odd Bites:  How To Cook The Rest Of The Animal becomes available September 13th.

Honorable Mentions:  Heston At Home by Heston Blumenthal Oct. 25,  The Meatball Shop Cookbook Nov 1, Ritz Paris: Haute Cuisine Oct 18, The Kimchi Chronicles: Korean Cooking for an American Kitchen Aug 2, The Art of Living According to Joe Beef: A Cookbook of Sorts Oct 11.

And don't worry for all you ewoks and grilling fanatics Emeril and Flay have yet more cookbooks to try to sell you before the year's end.  And if your really good and watch the Food Network everyday Miss Paula might have one for you by January. (hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment