Saturday, May 28, 2011

the one with no name

Yes!  The weekend is here!  It's been a long yet exciting week.  I've been working on a lot of things.  Thats the beauty and the curse of working in the kitchen, your work is never done.  Everything is changing and growing and shaping and evolving.

I was informed yesterday of a contest I have won.  Pretty exciting!  It's the first time I've personally won anything in my profession.  It was a bleu cheese recipe competition(yes lame, but it's exciting for me) including anyone in the nation.  To see my award winning dishes check out my post  "so sad i've got the bleus."

A lot more to show you next week.  For now just a couple pics from this week's prix fixe.

 Yukon gold gnocchi with guanciale, duck neck confit, charred ramps, and a fig glace.

Manchego cheesecake with quince jam, marcona almond granola, and smoked dark chocolate.

Same as the last.  People were weary of the smoked chocolate at first, but they warmed up to it.  Sold like a million of these prix fixes.   Not shown was the asparagus tart with ricotta, vella jack, red onion, and candied garlic.




No comments:

Post a Comment