Sunday, March 27, 2011

my first time

Who remembers their first time?  Who can actually pin point the moments in your lives that sent you in motion bringing you to this moment right now?  Why did I choose this profession?  I'm not much of a writer and as a cook I'm all the way here at the bottom.  You see though, I love it.  Nothing else can take my mind and set it so free with thee endless possibilities and combinations that make up what we call gastronomy.  FOOD!  Now I'm not a chef, but someday I will be.  Right now I'm just a sad guy with a rough, troubled career path I've chosen for myself and fallen so much in love with.  I can't wait to learn more everyday.  Sure, like the great (lol) Feran Adria once said,  everything's been done, so it's up to us to do it in a way that hasn't been seen.  Yea everything has been done, but I haven't done it all.  Not by a long shot.  It's up to me to do it my way with integrity, inquisitiveness, creativity, unbiased etc. etc..

I've fallen down many times in this life, and I will fall down again and again.  It's this right now; it's food that is helping me get up.  I don't know what it is I am supposed to be achieving with this, but I do know it's one hundred percent selfish.  This is for me.  I don't know and I don't care if anyone will ever read this. I'm broken.  I am sad.  And I am dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment